Virginia is for L❤vers Taco Frittata
Virginia Egg Council
Virginians love their tacos and this recipe takes it up a notch to make a panful that feeds the family.
- Serves 4
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cook/Bake Time: 10 minutes
- 8 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 10.5-ounce can of chili (no beans)
- ½ cup Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup corn chips, broken
- Serve with salsa, sour cream, and cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Blend eggs in a medium bowl.
- Heat a 10” non-stick oven proof over medium heat. Melt butter or margarine, coating the skillet.
- Pour in eggs and swirl around to coat the bottom and bringing up the heat just a bit to medium high. Gently bring eggs to center to help them cook. Once nearly cooked, remove from heat and distribute chili on top then sprinkle on cheese.
- Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes or until eggs are fully cooked, chili heats through and the cheese is melted. Alternatively, cover the pan after adding the chili and cheese and cook on medium heat on the stovetop, until eggs are done, chili heats and cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle on the corn chips. Top with salsa, sour cream and cilantro.
- Cut into four wedges and enjoy.
Add chili with beans for extra protein.