Turkey Sausage Egg Bake
A Sausage Egg Bake is an easy and tasty addition to breakfast and is ready in about an hour.
- Serves 9
- Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
- Preparation Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook/Bake Time: 40-50 minutes
- 8 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) package turkey breakfast sausage roll
- 3 cups milk
- 8 cups cubed French bread
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 ½ cups shredded low-fat Swiss cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Cook the sausage as specified on the package. Always cook to well-done, 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer. Crumble sausage into pieces.
- In large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, and parsley. Add salt and pepper if desired.
- Stir in sausage, bread cubes, red pepper, and 1 cup of cheese.
- Pour mixture into baking dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 40-50 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let sit 10 minutes before cutting or serving.
Total fat: 18 g
Saturated fat: 5 g
Polyunsaturated fat: 3 g
Monounsaturated fat: 4 g
Cholesterol: 260 mg
Sodium: 918 mg
Carbohydrates: 46 g
Fiber: 0 g
Sugar: 8 g
Protein: 30 g
Vitamin A: 112 mcg
Vitamin D: 1 mcg
Folate: 34 mcg
Choline: 152 mg
Calcium: 337 mg
Iron: 2 mg
Potassium: 241 mg
This recipe is a good source of vitamin A and an excellent source of protein and choline.
Prepare the recipe the night before and put in the refrigerator for a care-free breakfast the next day. Add red and green diced peppers for some extra nutrition and color. You can also replace the cheese to whatever you have on hand. Learn how to make this recipe by clicking here.