Riced Broccoli, Bacon and White Cheddar Egg Muffins
Great for tonight’s dinner and tomorrow’s breakfast, these egg muffins are healthy and delicious.
- Serves 6
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cook/Bake Time: 20 minutes
- 3/4 cup riced broccoli
- 3/4 cup shredded white cheddar (sub in your favorite cheese if preferred)
- 1/3 cup cooked bacon, plus additional for sprinkling
- 9 large eggs
- Splash of almond milk or water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt & pepper
- Avocado (optional)
- Oil for spraying tin
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- For the riced broccoli: wash and dry broccoli (include stalks too by peeling the outside so they are more tender), cut into small pieces, and load them into a food processor. Then pulse the processor until you have small bits of broccoli.
- To a bowl, add the riced broccoli, cheddar, and bacon bits. Mix gently to combine. Spray a muffin tin liberally with your favorite oil spray. Then split the mixture evenly and spoon into the muffin tin.
- Crack your eggs into a bowl and add the garlic powder, salt, pepper, and a splash of almond milk or water. Whisk until light and fluffy.
- Then pour the mixture evenly into the muffin tin, over the top of your other ingredients. Sprinkle additional bacon bits on top, if desired.
- Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes until eggs are puffed and cooked through. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving. The puffed eggs will relax back down as they cool. Add avocado slices for garnish if desired.
These muffins are so delicious and fun for the whole family to make together. Use whatever fillings you have on hand, including your favorite cheeses and meats. There are no rules! Serve with a salad or cooked vegetables to create an easy dinner. Make a double-batch and freeze to enjoy later when you are looking for a dinner idea.