Monte Cristo Sourdough Sandwich Bites
Monte Cristo Sourdough Mini Sandwiches are a spin on the traditional Monte Cristo sandwich and are topped with blackberry jam, cinnamon and powdered sugar.
- Serves 16
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
- Cook/Bake Time: 10 minutes
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs – fried (season with salt and pepper)
- 8 slices Sourdough bread
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese, divided tablespoon blackberry jam
- 4 ounces cooked turkey slices
- 4 ounces cooked ham slices
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 ½ teaspoons powdered sugar for garnish (optional)
- Whisk 2 eggs until well beaten. Add milk and cinnamon. Pour into a pie plate and set aside. Fry the 4 remaining eggs, individually as if you were preparing for an egg sandwich. Break the yolks and cook until firm. Set aside to cool.
- Spread 1 slice bread with 1 tablespoon of cream cheese, repeat with 3 more slices of bread. Build sandwiches by topping cream cheese layer with fried egg, 1 ounce of turkey and one ounce of ham. Spread 1 tablespoon of blackberry jam of remaining slice of bread and top the sandwiches.
- Cut each sandwich into quarters and transfer to serving tray.
- Optional: top with a dusting of powdered sugar.
Total fat: 5 g
Saturated fat: 2 g
Polyunsaturated fat: 0 g
Monounsaturated fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 76 mg
Sodium: 233 mg
Carbohydrates: 13 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 4 g
Protein: 8 g
Vitamin A: 47 mcg
Vitamin D: 0 mcg
Folate: 9 mcg
Choline: 56 mg
Calcium: 36 mg
Iron: 2 mg
Potassium: 54 mg
This recipe is a good source of protein and choline.
This recipe is a nice treat from the normal breakfast or lunch dish. Any bread can be substituted as well as the blackberry jam. Kids and adults will love these bites.