- Serves 4
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cook/Bake Time: 30 minutes
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- ½ teaspoon seasoning salt
- 4 large eggs
- 4 English Muffins, toasted
- 8 slices Canadian bacon
- Chopped chives or green onions, for topping
- Place the egg yolks and lemon juice in a blender and blend on high for 3 minutes.
- Add the hot melted butter to the mixture and blend another 1-2 minutes, until creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Form the ground beef into 4 equal patties. Sprinkle with the seasoning salt.
- Add the burger patties to the grill and grill for 4-5 minutes on each side, until cooked to preferred doneness.
- Add the Canadian bacon to the grill for the last 2 minutes of grilling time to heat the Canadian bacon.
- Bring a large pot of water plus 1 tablespoon of vinegar, filled with 2-3” of water, to a rolling simmer.
- Crack one egg into a small bowl and then slide the egg into the simmering water.
- Poach the egg for 3-4 minutes, until the egg white is set. Remove from the pot with a slotted spoon.
- Place two slices of Canadian bacon on the bottom of each toasted English muffin. Top with the burger patties, then the poached egg, and then drizzle with hollandaise. Sprinkle with chives or green onions and top with the remaining half of the English muffin.
- Serve and enjoy!