A mouthwatering twist on the classic combination of bacon, lettuce and tomato.
- Serves 4
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Cook/Bake Time: 15 minutes
- 1 store-bought baked thin-crust pizza shell, preferably whole-wheat (such as Boboli)
- ½ cup, plus 1 tablespoon ranch salad dressing
- 1 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 3 ounces cooked bacon, diced
- ½ cup cherry or pear tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup lettuce (iceberg, romaine, spring greens, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place the pizza shell on a cookie sheet or pizza pan.
- Spread ½ cup of the ranch salad dressing on the crust and evenly distribute mozzarella cheese, bacon and tomatoes. Sprinkle Parmesan evenly over the pizza. Crack eggs onto the pizza, positioning one egg on each pizza quarter.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until egg whites are just fully cooked. Allow to slightly cool.
- Toss the lettuce with the remaining salad dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish pizza with lettuce and additional cherry tomatoes. Cut into 4 large pieces.
Crack the egg into a small bowl and then gently pour/place the egg on the pizza. Make a small well in the toppings to help “hold” the egg in place. Repeat for a total of four eggs.
Oven temperatures vary, check the pizza often to avoid over cooking the eggs. Bake until the eggs reach your preferred doneness.
This recipe is perfect to enjoy for breakfast or dinner. Let the kids help assemble the pizza and have them pick toppings of their choice.