Arugula Salad with Poached Egg
A perfectly poached egg on a bed of fresh arugula, tossed with a light dressing of your choice.
- Serves 2
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Cook/Bake Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup arugula
- 2 radishes, sliced thin
- 2 large eggs
- Black pepper
- Fill saucepan with 2-3 inches of water and bring to a moderate simmer.
- Crack each egg into its own individual cup and add the egg all at once to the simmering water. Add the other egg. Simmer for 3-5 minutes, depending on the desired doneness.
- Prepare a bed of arugula on each plate and add the shaved radish. Toss with a light lemon vinaigrette or any other favorite dressing.
- Immediately top with the poached egg and chives.
Add tomatoes, shredded vegetables or rotisserie chicken for an added punch of flavor and protein. No arugula on hand? Just use your favorite lettuce or spinach. Watch how to make this recipe here.