Turkey Sausage Egg Bake
A Sausage Egg Bake is an easy and tasty addition to holiday brunch and is ready in about an hour.
- Serves 9
- Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
- Preparation Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook/Bake Time: 40-50 minutes
- 8 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) package turkey breakfast sausage roll
- 3 cups milk
- 8 cups cubed French bread
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 ½ cups shredded low-fat Swiss cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Cook the sausage as specified on the package. Always cook to well-done, 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer. Crumble sausage into pieces.
- In large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, and parsley. Add salt and pepper if desired.
- Stir in sausage, bread cubes, red pepper, and 1 cup of cheese.
- Pour mixture into baking dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 40-50 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let sit 10 minutes before cutting or serving.
Per serving: 1/9 of recipe
Total fat: 18 g
Saturated fat: 5 g
Polyunsaturated fat: 3 g
Monounsaturated fat: 4 g
Cholesterol: 260 mg
Sodium: 918 mg
Carbohydrates: 46 g
Fiber: 0 g
Sugar: 8 g
Protein: 30 g
Vitamin A: 112 mcg
Vitamin D: 1 mcg
Folate: 34 mcg
Choline: 152 mg
Calcium: 337 mg
Iron: 2 mg
Potassium: 241 mg
This recipe is a good source of vitamin A and an excellent source of protein and choline.