Riced Broccoli, Bacon and White Cheddar Egg Muffins
Pacific Egg and Poultry Association
Great for tonight’s dinner and tomorrow’s breakfast, these egg muffins are healthy and delicious.
- Serves 6
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cook/Bake Time: 20 minutes
- 3/4 cup riced broccoli
- 3/4 cup shredded white cheddar (sub in your favorite cheese if preferred)
- 1/3 cup cooked bacon, plus additional for sprinkling
- 9 large eggs
- Splash of almond milk or water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt & pepper
- Avocado (optional)
- Oil for spraying tin
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- For the riced broccoli: wash and dry broccoli (include stalks too by peeling the outside so they are more tender), cut into small pieces, and load them into a food processor. Then pulse the processor until you have small bits of broccoli.
- To a bowl, add the riced broccoli, cheddar, and bacon bits. Mix gently to combine. Spray a muffin tin liberally with your favorite oil spray. Then split the mixture evenly and spoon into the muffin tin.
- Crack your eggs into a bowl and add the garlic powder, salt, pepper, and a splash of almond milk or water. Whisk until light and fluffy.
- Then pour the mixture evenly into the muffin tin, over the top of your other ingredients. Sprinkle additional bacon bits on top, if desired.
- Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes until eggs are puffed and cooked through. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving. The puffed eggs will relax back down as they cool. Add avocado slices for garnish if desired.