Orange Cranberry Chicken Popovers
The perfect blend of sweet and savory, light, crispy Orange Cranberry Chicken Popovers are stuffed with a creamy chicken filling and are a favorite finger food in the Midwest.
- Serves 24
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Preparation Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook/Bake Time: 25-30 minutes
- 2 cups leftover chicken or turkey, shredded
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups milk, at room temperature
- 1 orange, finely zested, about 2 teaspoons
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup leftover cranberry sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Whisk together eggs, milk and orange zest in a large bowl until very frothy.
- Whisk flour and salt into egg mixture until batter is the consistency of heavy cream (It’s okay if some lumps remain).
- Spray two 24 mini muffin tins with cooking spray. Divide chicken (or turkey) and cheddar cheese between cups. Pour batter into each cup.
- Bake 30 minutes without opening oven until puffed and lightly browned. Cool slightly before serving.
- Serve cranberry sauce on the side.
Per serving: 1/24 of recipe
Total fat: 4 g
Saturated fat: 2 g
Polyunsaturated fat: 0 g
Monounsaturated fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 53 mg
Sodium: 252 mg
Carbohydrates: 11 g
Fiber: 0 g
Sugar: 2 g
Protein: 9 g
Vitamin A: 13 mcg
Vitamin D: 0 mcg
Folate: 23 mcg
Choline: 26 mg
Calcium: 70 mg
Iron: 1 mg
Potassium: 23 mg
This recipe is a good source of protein.