One Skillet Mediterranean Poached Eggs
The Ohio Egg Marketing Program
This single skillet dish is fast, easy and egg-cellent for a busy weeknight.
- Serves 4-6
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Cook/Bake Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 15.5-ounce can Cannellini beans, drain and rinse
- 9 ounces cooked turkey sausage, crumbled
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ cup torn basil leaves
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Salt and black pepper
- Olives, optional garnish
- In a large skillet, combine marinara, beans, and turkey sausage. Bring to simmer, heating thoroughly.
- Make 6 wells in the bean/sausage mixture. Crack an egg into a small bowl and gently slide it into the well. Repeat for the remaining 5 eggs. Season the eggs with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Cook covered over medium heat 3-5 minutes for slightly runny yolks. Cook longer for firm, set yolks.
- Garnish with basil and parsley. Add olives, if desired.