Heart Healthy Hash
Everyone will love Heart-Healthy Hash, made with lean turkey sausage, eight eggs and a mixture of quinoa, brown rice and cauliflower.
- Serves 8
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cook/Bake Time: 10-15 minutes
- 16 ounces (1 package) low-fat, ground turkey sausage
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 28 ounces (1 bag) frozen potatoes – O’Brien
- 8 eggs, scrambled
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup cooked, long grain brown rice
- 1 cup finely chopped, uncooked cauliflower
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage, cook and crumble sausage until no longer pink.
- Add oil, salt and potatoes. Cook and stir until potatoes are partially browned.
- Prepare scrambled eggs in separate pan, fold into sausage and potato mixture.
- Stir in quinoa, rice and cauliflower, continue to cook until heated through.
- Remove from heat, stir in cheese, serve immediately.
Per serving: 1/8 of recipe
Total fat: 19 g
Saturated fat: 10 g
Polyunsaturated fat: 2 g
Monounsaturated fat: 3 g
Cholesterol: 219 mg
Sodium: 718 mg
Carbohydrates: 38 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 2 g
Protein: 26 g
Vitamin A: 89 mcg
Vitamin D: 1 mcg
Folate: 98 mcg
Choline: 190 mg
Calcium: 148 mg
Iron: 3 mg
Potassium: 1193 mg
This recipe is an excellent source of choline, folate and protein.