Flourless Chocolate Cake
Indulge in Flourless Chocolate Cake, a ridiculously rich and fudgy treat.
- Serves 10-12
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
- Cook/Bake Time: 30-40 minutes
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, plus more for pan
- 1 bag (16 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder (or instant coffee)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease 8” springform pan with butter and line bottom with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat eggs in a large bowl until they have doubled in size. Approximately 5 minutes.
- Place chocolate chips, salt, and butter in a large microwavable bowl. Microwave in bursts, stirring in between, until smooth and pourable. Add espresso powder to the melted chocolate and butter, mix well.
- Using a spatula, gently fold one-third of the whipped eggs in the chocolate mixture until incorporated. Fold egg and chocolate mixture back into remain whipped eggs until incorporated.
- Transfer to pan, cover bottom and side of pan with foil. Set springform pan inside a large roasting pan; add 1 inch of hot water.
- Bake about 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and sides of cake begin to pull away from pan. Let cool before serving.
Per serving: 1/12 of recipe
Total fat: 30 g
Saturated fat: 17 g
Polyunsaturated fat: 2 g
Monounsaturated fat: 9 g
Cholesterol: 165 mg
Sodium: 222 mg
Carbohydrates: 24 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 21 g
Protein: 6 g
Vitamin A: 183 mcg
Vitamin D: 1 mcg
Folate: 21 mcg
Choline: 109 mg
Calcium: 35 mg
Iron: 2 mg
Potassium: 189 mg
This recipe is a good source of choline and protein and an excellent source of vitamin A.