Butter Pecan Cream Cheese Pound Cake
A delightful spin on the classic recipe, Butter Pecan Cream Cheese Pound Cake is as smooth as velvet and as sweet as can be.
- Serves 16-24 slices
- Total Time: 3 hours and 50 minutes
- Preparation Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook/Bake Time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
- Cool/Chill Time: 2 hours
- 1½ cups butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon caramel flavoring
- 3 cups flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon caramel flavoring
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 cup pecans chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed for 2 minutes, or until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar, beat 5-7 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating just until yellow disappears. Add vanilla and caramel flavoring. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed until just blended. Pour batter in greased and floured bundt pan. Pour 2 cups of water in an ovenproof measuring cup or casserole dish. Place in oven with bundt pan (this will keep the cake moist). Bake at 300° F for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 10-15 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- Prepare glaze and drizzle over cake when cooled.
- Combine sugar and flavorings.
- Slowly add milk until desired consistency is reached (should be thin like glaze). Drizzle over cooled cake.
- If desired, sprinkle chopped pecans over top of glazed cake.
Per serving: 1/24 of recipe
Total fat: 18 g
Saturated fat: 10 g
Polyunsaturated fat: 1 g
Monounsaturated fat: 5 g
Cholesterol: 87 mg
Sodium: 151 mg
Carbohydrates: 30 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 17 g
Protein: 4 g
Vitamin A: 146 mcg
Vitamin D: 0 mcg
Folate: 36 mcg
Choline: 60 mg
Calcium: 25 mg
Iron: 1 mg
Potassium: 45 mg
This recipe is a good source of vitamin A and choline.