Turkey Sloppy Joe with Egg
Michigan Allied Poultry Industries
Add a fried egg to this homemade classic recipe for an added punch of protein that the whole family will love.
- Serves 8
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cook/Bake Time: 15-20 minutes
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ cup celery
- ¼ cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon butter
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the turkey, onion, celery and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in soup, ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- Simmer mix for 3-5 minutes until slightly thickened. (Optional: put in crockpot on low for four hours instead of simmering.)
- Melt butter in pan on medium heat. Cook eggs to desired doneness.
- Divide turkey mixture onto hamburger buns. Top with cheese and fried eggs.