Sweet Potato Egg Boats
A Mind “Full” Mom
Looking for a yummy, low-carb dinner recipe the whole family will love? Look no further than Sweet Potato Egg Boats! Stuff a tender, baked sweet potato with eggs, spinach and tomatoes for a healthy spin on what’s sure to become a family favorite.
- Serves 4
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Cook/Bake Time: 20 minutes
- 2 large sweet potatoes, baked and cooled
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup spinach, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons water or milk
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut baked sweet potatoes in half and carefully scoop out the center of each half, leaving a about 1/2-inch border of sweet potato left.
- Sprinkle each half with salt and pepper (use about 1/2 teaspoon of each total). Divide spinach, tomato, and feta if using evenly between each sweet potato half.
- Mix together eggs with remaining 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper and water or milk. Carefully pour into whisked eggs into sweet potato halves.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until eggs are set.
NOTE: Feel free to crack eggs directly into each half of the potato if you’d prefer not to scramble your eggs.