Southwest Egg Tacos
Let’s taco ‘bout how easy Southwest Egg Tacos are to make on busy weeknights! Prep and make dinner for the family in less than half an hour using favorite Mexican ingredients, like black beans, salsa and avocado, and top with protein-packed scrambled eggs.
- Serves 4-6
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cook/Bake Time: 10 minutes
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 teaspoons black pepper
- 1- 15 ounce can black beans, drained
- ½ cup salsa
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 6-8 small flour tortillas
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded lettuce
- Red onion
- Sour Cream
- Avocado, diced
- In a medium-size bowl beat the eggs with the milk, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Place a medium-size skillet on the stove-top and heat over medium-low or medium heat. Once heated, spray with non-stick spray or add a small pad of butter and heat until the butter is melted.
- Pour the eggs into the skillet and remember to not turn the heat higher than medium-low or medium.
- Use a spatula to begin pulling the cooked outer edges in towards the center of the eggs. Then move the spatula around the edge of the skillet pulling the edges towards the center. As they begin to scramble, keep turning the uncooked eggs with a spatula until all the eggs are cooked.
- Begin breaking up the scramble, quickly turn uncooked areas and keep the scramble moving to make sure that all surfaces cook evenly.
- Heat the flour tortillas either on a skillet or in the microwave. if you like them warm.
- Layer the eggs, black beans, salsa, cilantro and cheese along with any additional toppings you want. Enjoy warm immediately!