Fall in love with made-from-scratch Pumpkin Pudding. It has spicy notes of cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg in every spoonful and is topped with fluffy whipped cream and nuts.
- Serves 8
- Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
- Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
- Cook/Bake Time: 50-55 minutes
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- Whipped cream garnish, optional
- Additional chopped nuts for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Six custard cups or an 8x8” square baking dish work equally well. Spray bakeware with non-stick cooking spray and spoon chopped nuts into bottom of baking dish or evenly divide between the custard cups.
- In small bowl, combine sugar and the four spices.
- Add sugar and spice mixture to blender with all remaining ingredients (sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, eggs, evaporated milk, pumpkin).
- Cover and blend at low speed for 1 minute, scraping down sides as necessary.
- Divide mixture into custard cups or casserole dish over the nuts.
- Bake 35-40 minutes for custard cups or 50-55 minutes for casserole, until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Garnish with whipped cream and nuts if desired.
Per serving: 1/8 of recipe
Total fat: 7 g
Saturated fat: 2 g
Polyunsaturated fat: 3 g
Monounsaturated fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 98 mg
Sodium: 57 mg
Carbohydrates: 16 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 13 g
Protein: 6 g
Vitamin A: 376 mcg
Vitamin D: 0 mcg
Folate: 18 mcg
Choline: 81 mg
Calcium: 86 mg
Iron: 1 mg
Potassium: 112 mg
This recipe is a good source of choline and protein and an excellent source of vitamin A.