Michigan Allied Poultry Industries
Pasta, bacon, eggs and veggies blend together nicely in this popular Italian dish. Serve with bread and this complete dinner is on the table in less than 30 minutes.
- Serves 4-6
- Total Time: 30-35 minutes
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Cook/Bake Time: 25-30 minutes
- 1 pound uncooked linguine
- 8 bacon slices, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, plus 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus additional available for topping
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1 cup frozen peas (thawed)
- Cook linguine in large pan of boiling water. Reserve ¼ cup pasta water; drain pasta.
- Cook bacon in large skillet until crisp. Remove bacon from pan; reserving drippings in pan. Sauté garlic for one minute.
- Whisk milk, pepper, salt, eggs and cheese in a bowl. Drizzle in reserved ¼ cup pasta water, stirring constantly with whisk. Add pasta to egg mixture; toss until pasta is well coated. Add egg/pasta mixture to bacon drippings. Place pan over low heat; cook 2 minutes until liquid begins to thicken, stirring constantly. Fold in bacon and parsley. Serve immediately with additional parmesan.