Ham, Spinach and Cheese Egg Boat
Egg casseroles aren’t just for breakfast! Fill a crunchy baguette with egg, ham, spinach and cheese for Ham, Spinach and Cheese Egg Boats, an irresistibly delicious and easy dinner.
- Serves 3-4
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cook/Bake Time: 40 minutes
- 1 large baguette (about 14-inches long and thick enough to cut a well in the middle)
- 4 ounces of ham, diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 5 large eggs
- ½ cup skim milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¾ cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Cut a long well down the middle of the baguette. You want a good 3/4-inch or more of bread left on all sides after cutting out the well. Place baguette on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle ham and spinach evenly into the well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and mustard until combined. Pour carefully into the well over the ham and spinach. If you have leftovers, discard. You don’t want the eggs to overflow.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over the top of the eggs and bread.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until eggs are no longer runny in the center of the “boat.”
- Slice and enjoy immediately.
NOTE: The mustard flavor is prominent, so if you’re not a mustard lover, decrease amount to 1/2 teaspoon.