Green Chile Baked Eggs
Colorado Egg Producers
Spice up your weeknight dinner with this delicious dish.
- Serves 10
- Total Time: 60-70 minutes
- Preparation Time: 5-10 minutes
- Cook/Bake Time: 55-60 minutes
- 10 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 7-ounce can green chili peppers, diced
- 16 ounces cottage cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat conventional oven to 400˚F.
- Lightly grease a 9x13 pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in the green chili peppers, cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, and melted butter.
- Pour mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Reduce heat to 325˚F and continue baking for 35-40 minutes or until firm.
- Cool slightly and cut into squares.