Top a fudgy brownie base with rich, creamy peanut butter cheesecake to make an Ohio State Fair award-winning Buckeye Cheesecake.
- Serves 10-12
- Total Time: 5 hours and 40 minutes
- Preparation Time: 35-40 minutes
- Cook/Bake Time: 2 hours
- Cool/Chill Time: 3 hours
- 1 (8x8-inch pan size) package brownie mix
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 (10-ounce) package peanut butter chips, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter-flavored shortening
- Preheat oven to 350º. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Spoon batter in 9-inch springform pan. Bake 20 minutes. Cool. Reduce oven temperature to 325º.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in milk. Add chips, eggs and vanilla; mix well. Pour filling over baked brownie. Place pan in a large baking pan with 1-inch hot water (keeps brownie from overbaking).
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until center is almost set. Turn oven off; remove baking pan with water. Let cheesecake cool in oven 30 minutes. Remove cheesecake from oven; chill 1 hour. Remove side from springform pan. In small saucepan, melt chips with shortening; stir until smooth. Spread chocolate glaze over top and sides of cheesecake. Chill 3 hours. Garnish as desired.
Per serving: 1/12 of recipe
Total fat: 44 g
Saturated fat: 24 g
Polyunsaturated fat: 4 g
Monounsaturated fat: 11 g
Cholesterol: 136 mg
Sodium: 470 mg
Carbohydrates: 83 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 42 g
Protein: 12 g
Vitamin A: 242 mcg
Vitamin D: .4 mcg
Folate: 36 mcg
Choline: 97 mg
Calcium: 205 mg
Iron: 3 mg
Potassium: 385 mg
This recipe is a good source of choline and an excellent source of protein and vitamin A.